Staff evaluation and Performance management is a process that starts with setting goals and identifying individual performance. It also includes personal development planning, periodical reviews, ongoing performance coaching. and final performance review. As such, there should not be any surprises during the year end performance appraisal or review.
Performance management is a continuous and on-going proactive mechanism to manage the performance of an employee and ensure that he / she achieves the set targets on a real-time basis. It is a line activity and remains ingrained in the employee’s day-to- day work.
Main features of the Performance Management and Appraisal Module:
- Systematic process of evaluation of an employee.
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of an employee.
- Different method of appraisal including:
- Supervisor appraisal. Immediate superiors appraise the performance, which in turn is reviewed by the department head or manager.
- Peer appraisal, A method of evaluating the employee performance by his co-employees rather than by his / her manager.
- Subordinates appraisal: Subordinates may be asked to evaluate the superiors. This rating is quite useful in identifying competent superiors.
- Self-appraisal: Individuals appraise their own performance. Since employees are interested in the selfdevelopment, they will appraise systematically and may become highly motivated as well.
- Goal based Performance Management and Appraisal system
- The appraisal takes place at periodic intervals and becomes the basis to make corrective actions and set further targets.
- Performance Management and Appraisal is based on a definite plan.
- Management by objectives (MOB) allows for joint setting of targets, by the supervisor and the employee, with frequent reviews.
For more information about Staff Evaluation and performance management request a call back and one of our experts will call you back.